Developing workspaces for optimal production
Sanford Occupational Medicine Workplace Ergonomics
Ergonomics is an important aspect to ensure healthy employees and a safe work environment. Sanford OccMed strives to keep your business productivity optimal.
Proper ergonomics is necessary to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders that can develop over time and can lead to time loss and or disability. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has found substantial evidence that ergonomic programs can cut worker’s compensation costs, increase workers’ productivity and decrease employee turnover.
Sanford OccMed rehabilitation professionals will meet to discuss current concerns and from there can perform an on-site assessment. They can evaluate how the activity/job is being done, the demands on your employee, the environment, and the equipment used, including size, shape and how appropriate it is for the task.
Sanford OccMed Services:
- Ergonomic workspace and/or industrial assessments
- Detailed report with recommendations towards risk reduction
- Ergonomic safety presentations tailored to your company needs
- Train the Trainer program to help your company become proactive in ergonomic evaluations, identifying and correcting risk factors
- In North Dakota: Assistance in securing equipment grant funds through WSI