Stopping injuries before they happen
Sanford Occupational Medicine's Fit for Duty Program
Sanford OccMed's Fit for Duty Program is designed to prevent workplace injuries. Injury prevention ensures that employees can physically perform the job tasks. Injury prevention begins with your new employees, and ensuring new hires can physically perform the tasks required for jobs in your company. We measure the physical demands, and then test an employee’s ability to perform those jobs.
If an injury occurs, after rehabilitation we ensure your employees are physically prepared to return to work and can complete the tasks required of their positions. A safe work environment is important to the health and wellbeing of your employees.
Click here to learn how you can maximize employee safety.
Benefits to employers:
- Assures new employees can perform essential functions of the job safely
- Reduces medical and time loss claims, re-injury and Occupational Safety and Heath Administration (OSHA) rates
- Directs medical providers in designing work modifications or keeping employees at work
- Alerts you to ergonomic concerns
- In North Dakota: Qualifies for WSI return-to-work designated medical provider program
New employee services:
- Post-offer testing helps assure the workers you hired can perform the essential functions of the job safely
- Reduces injuries, and medical and time loss claims
- Indicates specific job tasks that are safe to continue or need to be modified for the employee.
- Directs medical providers in designing work conditioning programs to get employees back to normal work duties.
- Eliminates and reduces lost time from the employee being on the job.
- Job Function Analysis: On-site objective measurement of job tasks
- Job Function Description: Collected data is written into a functional job description that outlines the job’s demands
- Job Function Test: A test developed from the job function description and analysis used post-offer or post-injury to ensure a match of an employee’s physical capability and their job